Monday, October 06, 2008

Run Fatboy Run



Well I managed the Inverness Marathon on Sunday; my actual chip time was 4 hours and 45 seconds so I am well-pleased.  Thanks to all who encouraged me along!


UPDATE!  As I am a gadget-addict, I couldn't help but buy myself a Garmin GPS Forerunner 305 training aide to help with the marathon.  This watch-like device gives you your pace and heart-rate as you run along; it also allows you to set a desired finishing time and then gives an alarm if your pace slacks off too much and allows you to run against a virtual partner.

It also comes with some 'training centre' software, but I hadn't got around to using it until now.  It's brilliant!!  Below is a screen capture of the marathon itself, the blue line is my speed and the grey is the elevation!  This should prove quite useful for future runs, and lose me hours on the computer for a change!


Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Rullsenberg said...

Assume the Fat Boy is intended to be humourous and not a description (albeit in honour of the Simon Pegg movie)?

Well don though!

7 October 2008 at 17:00  
Blogger George said...

No, my next challenge is to reach 17 st by Christmas; more lard, more!!

7 October 2008 at 17:14  
Blogger Scott said...

Looks like your speed was nice and even through the race, with a nice uptick at the end! Well done!

8 October 2008 at 14:02  
Blogger George said...

If you look closely, there are two sudden dips for toilet stops!!

8 October 2008 at 16:59  
Blogger Scott said...

I see them.

Next time, you should go like that crazed ex-NASA astronaut lady, and just wear the Depends undergarment.

Your times would improve, but maybe the chaffing would not be worth it.

9 October 2008 at 14:38  
Blogger George said...

Oh dear, I had enough chaffing with 26 miles of dry running, although not having to stop would have probably got me under the 4 hour mark!!

11 October 2008 at 11:08  
Blogger Paul Wilson said...

Well done, Georgie!

23 October 2008 at 16:37  
Blogger George said...

Cheers mate, I quite enjoyed it and at some point I do plan to do another!!

23 October 2008 at 16:39  

Post a Comment

<< Home