Monday, July 31, 2006

Housewarming

The 'before' shot:


The Soggy Bottom Boys get down to it:


The power-pop gets to us:


Dance-off 1:


Dance-off 2:


It was all getting emotional:


Gotta keep those tunes coming!


After 9 months of decorating and getting the place sorted, it was time to wreak it all in one night as my official housewarming kicked off! From 7:30pm until 5am there was fine cuisine from canopies and pizza to chocolate mousse, drink from Guinness to Moet and music from The Velvet Underground through Bluegrass to Britney Spears with dancing to match! We watched the reforming of Jim's legendary Pot & Pan band, competed in fierce dance-offs and tried our luck at Champagne Ribble Dibble. Only minor injuries were recorded and moderate memory loss. I'm sure my neighbours love me!! Thanks to all participants!

5 Comments:

Blogger J.J said...

Love the pictures and the image presented by a 'dance off'! Nice one :-)

3 August 2006 at 09:00  
Blogger George said...

Ah yes, the dance off. Not for the faint-hearted. If attempting such I recommend that you first clear a large space, and always start with a maximum of two contestants!! G

3 August 2006 at 18:37  
Blogger Lisa Rullsenberg said...

Hee! I wish I could have been there... I know we'll miss you this weekend - being Summer Sundae bound - but perhaps later in the summer we could arrange something?! the flat looks AWESOME by the way.

4 August 2006 at 11:30  
Blogger George said...

You won't miss me this weekend as it's next weekend that I'm on my incredible journey. Does that mean you're about then? And what's this Sundae business?

4 August 2006 at 16:44  
Blogger Lisa Rullsenberg said...

I'm screwy with dates - comes of being off work. Yes, Summer Sundae music festival at Leicester IS next weekend when you are down here. GRR!!! But we will be enjoying (hopefully) Belle and Sebastian and other delights...

5 August 2006 at 00:09  

Post a Comment

<< Home