Wednesday, July 26, 2006

I am a geek, but I am getting help...

In the blue corner, for Earth:


This is going to hurt:


Let the fun begin:


When you need a friend...


The obligatory 'mothership' gets its own hull-breach:


Ah yes, much in the style of the 2003-2004 George-Rullsenberg 'X-Files for Buffy' program, I have myself been donating Buffys and in return receiving Stargates with a colleague at work. As I have never watched it 'in real time', it is all new to me including the season seven finale, 'The Lost City'. All I can say if that we've come a long way since the original Star Trek special effects, and while some might say that we've lost charm and story development as a result, I would retort by saying, 'Shut up'. Enjoy the screen shots then of SG-1 defending Earth from the first direct Goa'uld attack (conveniently over Antartica so the entire stargate thing remains secret to the general population...).

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Whipster said...

Yoush! It's taken me over a week and five trips to the internet cafe to read this thing, but I've finally finished. And I was happy to find a change from a long list of hills to something I know a little more about, namely Stargate and all things geek. Wow, a big fight with those snakey things what go inside people. Yay! I haven't seen any since about season 5, I think. Is that the one where the specky fella comes back from the dead? My favourite moment was when he returned during one of the season finales as a light breeze. That's what I'll do once I've ascended to a higher plane of existence.

Anyway, George, really nice photos, lad. And some hair-raising adventures. Be careful out there...

P.S. Favourite abbreviation: ENE

P.S.S. It's me by the way.

28 July 2006 at 04:56  
Blogger George said...

Man, I'll admit it took me a while to understand your fucked-up blog. At one point I thought you were getting married and were blogging from Serbia! No contributions from your good self then?

As for Stargate, man that show's not bad at all. I forget when Jackson died (end of 5?), but he comes back at the end of 6/start of 7, falling naked from the sky much in the style of Angel in Buffville.

I already think you are on a higher plane of existence...

G

PS - Wait until I go WSW...

28 July 2006 at 17:15  
Blogger Whipster said...

I'm ashamed to say my last two posts on there have been poo related...

29 July 2006 at 06:45  
Blogger Whipster said...

Remember Jeffrey Lewis? You gave me that song of his 'The Story Of The Fall'? Well, anyway, check out his one about Will Oldham...

http://www.myspace.com/jefflewisband

29 July 2006 at 07:03  
Blogger George said...

Nice little page that guy has got himself. Or rather, by the looks of things, nice little page his mate has got him. You can see what he looks like and everything!

Even better than that however, is this: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0436231/
He's come a long way since his hand-drawn tape covers!!

G

30 July 2006 at 11:08  
Blogger Whipster said...

It's his brother that does the page!

Yeah, thanks for the movie link. Looks ace. One for bit torrent...

Remember being pissed up sat in a car in the snow in Chester somewhere listening to those tapes?

1 August 2006 at 04:27  
Blogger George said...

I do indeed. I remember the looks of bafflement when we explained we were going to sit it the car in the snow storm and listen to punk-rock. I also remember that we left the tape on rewind and had no batteries for the return trip, which lead to us getting that Mile Davis documentary on Radio 2!!

1 August 2006 at 17:31  

Post a Comment

<< Home