Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Glencoe - Buachaille Etive Beag: Stob Coire Raineach (263) and Stob Dubh (201)

Walk date: 17/09/05
My Munro #'s: 52 and 53

Taking in the grandeur; Stob Coire Raineach:


Looking back along the route from Stob Dubh:


This walk begun a mini-hiking holiday, having decided to use my remaining annual leave half on hiking and half on visiting. This walk was actually at the end of my drive over from Aberdeen, thinking of Munro efficiency as always! 3 hours; started at 14:15. Very wet, but not torrential. Direct ascent as is the norm for Glencoe, but through bog. This was ok on the way up but caused many slips on the way down. Once on the col, the routes either side to the two peaks caused no major problems although Stob Dubh included some steep drops. I cannot comment on the views as there was barely one from the car park!

This was the day I tried Marmite as my hiking snack, and got one bite in before discovering it was the food of the devil! Damn, I wanted to be a tough man eating it too. More significantly, it was the day I got phoned by my pals Ed and Sylvia to be told they were engaged. Bonus! Congratulations to them both.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home