Monday, June 19, 2006

The Northern Cairngorms: Bynack More (54)

Walk date: 04/02/06
My Munro #'s: 62

That north ridge looking fine in the morning light:


East from the plateau:


South-west from the summit into the Cairngorm massif:


I became nervous about this week the night before as the TV kept giving out 'treacherous conditions' warnings; despite calm weather it was expected that a cold week would mean that the snow had become hard-packed and unforgiving for grip. However, certainly where I travelled there seemed to have been a thaw! On Dan from work's advice I took my bike along and cycled along good paths almost to Bynack Stables before starting on an easy climb to the plateau. The north ridge looked damn impressive but an easy path meant that the summit was soon reached - at 11am, just two hours out from the car! Having a boost from this speed, I then ran almost all the way back down to the bike, returning to the car by 12:30 in time for lunch! Not a warm day but ok, some moderate wind. Only came across patches of snow and ice. Back in the 'Deen by 15:30 and so forced to drink coffee before it got to beer time!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home